Want to bring something to a thanksgiving meal, but unsure of something savory or sweet to bring?
How about both! This Sweet Potato Souffle is a chance to bring something sweet that can be served during meal time. It is a hit, and people will be talking about it for ages.
It is very easy to modify as well for gluten and dairy allergies without sacrificing flavor and deliciousness!
This Recipe is just the thing
1 large can of sweet potatoes- drained
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sugar
- Brown sugar could also be used.
1/c Cup Milk
1 Cup Pecans
1/2 Flour (Can use gluten-free!)
Melted Butter (Non-dairy butter works as well)
- Beat together all ingredients for the base in a bowl- medium bowl
- Make the topping in a separate bowl.
- Spray casserole dish/ baking dish with pan and put mixture in the pan then topping
- Bake at 375 in the oven until edges brown and butter bubbles. Keep covered
- Place aluminum foil underneath the dish to keep it from dripping in your oven.
After baking this is the perfect side dish!
It could be debated on whether this is a dessert or side dish, but why not both!
No salt in this recipe.